Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Working through the haze

Yesterday I was sick. I woke up at 4 am or maybe it was 3 am, my throat was itchy so i popped open a water bottle and chugged it as I urinated, apparently this is what causes illness because I have never puked as much in my life as i did promptly after urinating and chugging water.

Today I started my day off the wrong way... I walked like 4 miles to work on an empty stomach and now feel horrible, worse in fact than yesterday. I feel incredibly drained 3 day weekends tend to put me into a sort of haze that never bodes well for my work habits:(

The more I live, I see, that this life's not about me. I have to keep working my tail off in order for me to make something of myself. I'm no longer doing this for me, I'm doing this so when I have a child he doesn't have to deal with a lot of the things I did. No more youthful innocence, this life is just a stepping stone, for the youth of tomorrow to step upon.

2 comments:

  1. That was really mature. Also, I love vomit stories. One time I threw up in math class. Another time, I almost threw up and everyone knew, even though I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww I hate it when you go through the motions and the facial expressions then nothing comes up and you just feel like Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor, because even he has got to know that movie was puke-in-your-mouth-bad.

    ReplyDelete